1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just for a change, What should I TRY?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lord Henry, Nov 29, 2006.

1. I need to get a half-way decent rig. I'm thinking head and cab so that I can upgrade more easily. I've got a practce amp so this will be for gigs, up to 100 people off back line, anything bigger will be miked. Therefore I need volume and portablity.

I play in a Rage/Muse influenced hard rock band and I like an attacking sound. I've always liked the 2x12 cabs that I've used, so I'm leaning that way, but I'm willing to be conviced.

Anyway, I've got £800 (US$1100-1200) to play with. What do you guys think I should try out? I don't have too much time to spend in stores so I need to go in knowing what I'm looking for. What might work for me?

All advice welcome.

Cheers

2. My current gigging head and cab cost me just under £800 (£500 for the SVT, £285 for the 810 ), but those were really sweet deals, i can get a pretty sweet rage-ish tone with this setup.

However, id also recommend looking at peavey stuff, even if its only for the cabs, they are really good at the price.

Also, id recommend watching second hand.

Finally, unfortunatly for us £800 = ~$800 usually when buying gear like this, due to the amount we get ripped off by :(