1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just for amp modeling: Zoom B2.1U or Behringer V-Amp Pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Dec 6, 2006.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I'm only interested in the amp modeling since I never really use effects.

I currently own a Zoom B2.1U and it's a good unit with decent effects and amp models, but the amp modeling is limited. You've only got seven amp models and can't match the amps with different cabs. As far as cab modeling you can only choose the level of cab modeling sound you want.

I used to own a Bass V-Amp and remember liking the sounds, but that was three years ago. I liked the great number of amps that were modeled and the fact that you could match different amps with different cabs.

Has anybody here used both? Your opinions on the amp modeling? I'd be getting the Pro version of the BVAMP so it would have XLR out.

Thanks!

2. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Bump

3. I've a V-amp-non pro, I think it's OK the modelling sounds are pretty good, espesh as it has 16 bass + 16 guitar/keys/acoustic things to play with. I haven't tried the new Zooms. But for the $$$ the V-amp is pretty good value-look after it & it'll .......! I've used mine at about 50-60 gigs, always pack it away in its case & store carefully & hasn't let me down. I find I'm not using it much at mo. but comes in handy when U wanna 'silent practice w/ 'phones & CD plugged in etc. Handy device, Some FX are OK too as are some distortions. Needs a lotta tweaking tho.