Just for Fun-- If you could spec your signature rig...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by calypsocoral302, Dec 23, 2015.

1. A thread like this has "pops up" pretty regularly regarding bass guitars, but I haven't seen one yet regarding rigs?

Let's say you managed to get into a band that had a Platinum-status album to its name and various manufacturers are clamoring for your endorsement, even permitting you a high degree of control in the design of your signature rig. What would you go with, and why?

This encompasses both amplifer (or pre-amp + power amp, if your preference dictates) and cabinet design.

The question probably shouldn't be taken overly-seriously-- the objective is to let your imaginations run just a little bit wild. If it happens to spark a creative design by a maker, then all the better!

2. I would play what I play now.

3. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    GK 400 or 700 RB with 2 channels for doubling. For a cab, I'd want stackable 112's that can be locked together

4. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    A 1515/66 with choice of faux fur or camo covering and built in sound activated led lighting. Bass stand/drink holder integrated into side. Carvin B3500 "Brother Goose" amp w graphic eq & integrated signal processor in fx loop. Capable of extreme Bootsy to new age sounds out of the box!

BurningSkies likes this.
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    No complaints with what I have. Can't actually think of something else that I want that would improve on what it does.

CL400Peavey likes this.
  6. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Years ago I would've answered this question with Hughes and Kettner heads and neo cabs but since they're no longer in the bass game it would be Trace Elliot MP-1's x 2, Crown power and 4 1048h cabs:cool:

7. Yeah, if I was going to get an endorsement, I would want it to be from Dingwall, Peavey, greenboy, and Reiner amplification.

8. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    The only thing I can fault is that I have that Kern IP-777 and I wish I had a place to utilize it. I've occasionally tried to split my signal and send it to both the Monique and the Kern then farm them out each to a different cab, but never found it worth doing. Its such a great sounding preamp in such a different way from the Jule preamp. Beyond that, obviously I've been contemplating a backup bass to have 'just in case' although I have no desire to stop playing the Voodoo-Zebra-Rastaburst any time.

9. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    2 amps/channels each with swichtable high or low pass filters on each with variable frequency and gimme some sweepable notch filters too.

10. You just need a second set of cabs... Easy to just switch rigs then. ;)

11. Ox Boris

Ox Boris Inactive

Nov 23, 2015
    Australia
    My signature rig? Big, new, buzzes a lot and lists 30 degrees to the left. Totally ineffective EQ and blows 3 valves driving to the gig. The Tolex is wrinkled and the cable is too short.

12. Winfred

Winfred

Oct 21, 2011
    2x10, 500 watts, weight = 10 lbs. Or less.

:D

13. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Then I'd need to move from a 4 space rack to a 5, and my 5 is too big and heavy, so I'd need to buy a new SKB, or I'd need to get another power amp and rack it in my spare 3 space to go with the Kern. None of which really appeals to me.

14. and roadies...

15. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    I speak softly but carry a big stick. Preferably a light big stick.

16. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Rusty screws and hardware too?

Ox Boris likes this.
  17. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love

My imaginary endorsements would be Warmoth, Delano, DR strings, Carvin, Greenboy, and Subaru!

BurningSkies likes this.
  18. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh

Apr 16, 2001
    ICT
    My dream rig would be to only have to bring a set of in-ear monitors, and the FOH guy takes care of the rest.

JR Roxx, Need Gigs and Growlmonkee like this.
  19. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Roadies first, then decide.

The weight alone made me hate my Peavey, respective of its tone. I'm down with a rig I don't have to lug myself and will likely spec something to my taste when weight is not an issue.

Until then it's micro.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  20. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    More power to you. To me this would be a 'fun killer' on stage.

Turkeypills and JimmyM like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021