Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just formed my own band!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    After over a year of frustration, I finally gave up trying to join a band and decided to start my own. I placed ads in the local music store and HC, and slowly got responses. First, Linda, Keys and vocals. Then Mike, Guitar, Vocals. And yesterday, Paul joined us on drums. All we need now is the elusive lead vocalist. Rules of the band are everyone has equal say, and NO attitudes.
    We have 16 songs in our playlist, and 8 more in the queue.

This is really fun!

:bassist:

2. Congrats!

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Good deal!!! :D Trying to build a band from stratch is pretty difficult, in my estimation. The easy route is to just fill an empty slot, but by creating the project yourself, you're able to exert a great deal of control over the direction and sound of the band. Hope it's fun, and good luck with the project. :)

4. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Congrats man. I remember your thread where you were thinking of hanging it up altogether, glad to see you didn't quit. Good luck with the new project.

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hmmmm, maybe I should move to "Dullaware."

;)

Congrats, man.

6. Usually bass players have it easy getting in any band they want as long as they can keep a beat. My band kind of happened all at once. I found guitar player at g3 concert, met singer and drummer at school and then just started playing :cool:

We play about 20 songs but havent hit our first "gig" yet.

7. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks for the support. It really is nice starting your own project, not having to deal with some ass**le telling you what to do. :cool:

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cool beans man, I've been wanting to do that for a while, but I haven't had the time to make it work. Glad to hear your doing what you want musically.

9. Thats cool, i love getting into playing with new people. I am playing with these guys that i met in high school and we thought it would be fun to jam. We all just loved the sound we each brought to the jam and just the groove and feel. It was an awesome connection.