1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

just getting into researching jazz basses, need help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hutzbordello, Jul 19, 2012.

1. hey so firstly, i did do do a search!! nothing really helped me that much.

im researching for my next bass and so far jazz basses and possibly a musicman are the routes i may go. the jazz bass seems to do everything i need it to, but it isnt aggressive enough. so i had been looking at the jaguar deluxe for a long time and nothing seems to be beat it for everything good about a jazz bass, plus its aggressive tone. there are so many jazz basses out there however that i really dont know where to start. someone recommended reverend basses, and they seem to be legit however i have not heard one yet.

i played a musicman at a GC a while ago and i just really love everything about it. the only thing holding me back from getting one would be i dont know how well they sound fuzzed out and downtuned.

i could also be tempted to snag a G&L L-2000 USA made used off of ebay in place for the jaguar.

the characteristics for the bass i would want would have that its aggressive, reliable, and not too pricey. im also in a sludge/classic rock/desert rock/hardcore (i know it sounds wierd) band, and would be looking to compliment the sound. my budget is at the most probably around 900.

i also currently play through a gk mb 500+mbe 410

note:ive been drinking, so if this poorly written id blame it on that

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Goodnight my friend (I'm writing you from Italy, and here's midnite)... How come you pretend to play sludge/stoner and make us believe you only drink did you smoke f~£¥in' dope instead?

Back IT: G&L Tribute L2000 and Ernie Ball by MusicMan Sterling 34 can nail it good for you

Even if I play downtuned thrashmetal thru my many Fender Jazzes and a champ like Tim Commerford plays the hell out of his Jazz bass too

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. Aggressive? What does that mean?