1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

just got a conklin GT 5...what are the controls?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MMiller28, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. MMiller28


    Apr 27, 2003
    Just wondering what knob does what...I cant seem to figure it out
  2. mark beem

    mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

    Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Hi Matt.. I only have the 7 string models, but I would guess the controls are laid out the same way..

    The first knob toward the neck is the main volume.

    The top center knob is the pickup blend

    The bottom center knob is the bass boost

    And the knob close to the bridge is the treble boost.
  3. MMiller28


    Apr 27, 2003
    are you talking about if your playing or looking at it from in front? i mean is top closer to strings or to input jack?
  4. Eric Cioe

    Eric Cioe

    Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    If you are looking at the bass (laid horizontally), it is (top to bottom) a row of one, a row of two, and a row of one. The top row is volume, the left middle it treble, the right middle is blend, and the bottom is bass. That's how my gt-7 is laid out.

Share This Page