Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got a Databass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nashvillebill, Feb 15, 2003.

1. After a lot of debate, I finally decided I needed a combo instead of lugging around my refrigerators (2x15's or 4x12's)...I figured it'd be nice to make it to the stage with only one trip instead of ten. So after reading reviews and opinions here and elsewhere, I kept my eyes open for a decent deal....Today I came across a Peavey Databass in pretty good shape and walked out with it for $225. For those who don't know, this combo is 23" high by 19" wide by 14" deep and weighed 70 lbs on my bathroom scale. Yet it's got a 15" Black Widow pushed by 450 watts. Bottom ported. Probably dates from mid-90's.

No tubes, no real gimmicks, just decent power pushing a 15 in a fairly portable package. Sure it's a Peavey, but I've had good luck with Peavey, and the tone is fine for classic rock and country. What more could I want (until my next case of GAS) :D

2. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Bill, they DID have one 'gimmick'-the digital amp section. Pretty rare amp. Most that have/had them liked them. New, they were too expensive for their time. Congrats!

Kim

3. I'm not sure what they mean when they call this a "digital amp". DC coupling? Switchmode power supply (which I suspect it has, given the light weight)?? Class D or G or H?? Makes me go "hmmmm"......