Just got a Gramma pad...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Holy Crap!...this thing smokes! I feel like I am louder and clearer than before, is this for real or dost mine ears decieve me? :hyper:
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Interesting... I've been thinking of getting one....Hmmmmm...

I'd like one for home use (I live in a second floor apartment, and currently use a folded rug and milkcrate to 'isolate' my little 112 and head for home use...and I never put my amp right on a stage anyway, I always raise it to get rid of boom.

...tell us more...
  3. Hi Marc
    Cool, you'll love it. I've been posting for a long time about the pad, very useful for lots of things, glad you discovered the "focus."
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    +1! :cool:
  5. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I got mine after reading high praise from Big String. I will never use an amp again without one. It may not do huge changes when playing on hard suface (concrete etc.) but I find it is the real deal when playing on pretty much any raised stage. I get a bonus by using it for my sub in my home theater set up whenever I'm not gigging. If you think for a minute this thing doesn't work, you should hear my Paradigm sub before and after. To say it tightens up the bottom and adds focus is an understatement!!!
  6. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    What's a nice cheap (see: free) alternative that could be found lying around the house?
  7. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I have a Mesa Scout combo and as mentioned hear before when you place it on a carpeted floor it looses its high end.

What is the finish on the Gramma ..is it a hard surface or will it absorb the sound of the Scouts passive radiator?

8. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I ALWAYS use one under my Acme B-2. It makes the cab work much more cleanly. I actually have several of them and my guitar players are now stealing them from me at every gig. I think they make a tremendous difference.