1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just got a great deal!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wwpete52, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wwpete52

wwpete52

Feb 21, 2005
    A couple of weeks ago I bought a like new Peavey Combo 115 bass amp on Craigs List for $145! It a 100 pounds of power! It has a 15" Black Widow speaker and 300 watts. I still can't believe that I got it so cheap. :)

2. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    Congratulations!

3. brisonic

brisonic

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
    peavey stuff gets no respect, theyre so non boutique, that they are typically quite inexpensive.

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    That's an incredible deal!!

5. If this had been about Ampeg the thread would be 8 pages by now...

Anyway, congratulations! Peavey makes some nice equipment!

6. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    awesome deal. i scored a peavey tmax head (hybrid, 2 channel tube/solid state pre) 500 watts at 2 ohms, shipped, with rackcase. all for 325 recently. awesome amp... its sad.. peavey stuff is great.

7. wwpete52

wwpete52

Feb 21, 2005
    You know, I had the first Peavey bass amp in Hill County, Texas in 1970. I was a piggy back amp. The speaker cabinet had two silver coned 15" speakers. It was incredible. People would ask me "what the hell is that?" Nobody had ever seen one before. I've loved Peavey stuff since that day. They make GREAT stuff. I could never understand why they don't get the respect they so rightly deserve. Ampeg is awesome. I've owned two but Peavey is a work horse. I will last forever. My first Ampeg blew a speaker the first year I had it. I sure that was just a fluke but I've never had one problem with Peavey.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021