For Sale/Trade Just got a Helix LT sale - Valvedrive and Lightningboy conten

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by moon-bass, Jun 22, 2021.

1. moon-bass

moon-bass They call me El Jefe Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Price:
    United States
    Title says it all - I recently picked up a Helix LT and I'm rethinking my pedal boards. I currently have four, and I'm trying to get down to a semi reasonable number. The rest of this board is sold, but I'll most likely be posting more stuff up for sale/trade over the next few days/weeks as I figure this out.

EBS Valvedrive DI -$275
    I love this, the "vintage" switch does a great job switching between clean and OD. I did some tube rolling in this and put a 12ax7 in there that I thought sounded best, but I think I might have the original tube around somewhere if the buyer wants that. Out of all of the Fender Tone stack Preamps that I have tried, this one is the most versatile. It's good a nice creamy goodness and can really get some smooth OD up to some crunch. I really need to downsize my preamps tho, and I don't need the DI on this as I'm using a Lightningboy TI DI.

SOLD Pair of Lightningboy 2020s transformers. These are the new ones, best used in pairs. These beef up preamps, they add a more 3d and robust quality to the sound. Also, for me, they significantly reduced external noise and interference (I live about 500 ft from the wwoz broadcast towers and these reduced noice from the radio to almost nothing). Imo these really benefit from a good preamp that doesn't have a transformer. $85 each or $160 for the pair. SOLD.

Trades? Top of my list right now:
    Shure GLXD16
    Fender Rumble 500 v
    Micro heads (Ashdown Ant, Warwick Gnome, etc.)
    Yamaha Motion Bass (two humbuckers)
    Preamps that aren't listed here My preamp journey
    Otherwise, I'm open to try new stuff, worst I could say is no. All is +- cash as needed, trade has to make sense for both parties.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  2. SlowpokeJoe

SlowpokeJoe Supporting Member

Hah, I did the same thing. Bought a Helix LT, and decided to get rid of my HX Stomp and a bunch of pedals.

Fast forward one Covid Work From Home-constant TB Classifieds browsing situation later, and I have an LT and a bunch of pedals again. :)

lomo, jaysbassspace and moon-bass like this.
  3. moon-bass

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Hahahaha .... I laugh now, but .

jaysbassspace and SlowpokeJoe like this.
  4. SlowpokeJoe

SlowpokeJoe Supporting Member

Wait until you realize that the LT has two FX loops you can easily place anywhere in the chain...

moon-bass likes this.
  5. moon-bass

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Deal(s) pending on the 2020s pair

6. moon-bass

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Both of the 2020s are sold.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021