Just got a LowDownSound 3x10 UL cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hensonbass, Nov 18, 2004.

1. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Don hooked me up with this puppy. This 3x10 with the ultra light speakers weighs in at around 50 lbs and is kicking the variety/corporate bands I play with in the ass. I don't sweat not being in the PA now. Great definition, warmth and LOW END. Built like a tank. Pairs with my Acoustic Image Focus Amp perfectly.

I have a EA CXL112L cab that I was using before and while I still prefer it for my upright basses, the tone was a too sterile for the electrics. This LDS cab has really made the loud gigs much more of a pleasure to play for me, and best of all I don't mind the load out at the end of the night!

Don's makes a great product. If you're in the market for a first class affordable cab I would do yourself a favor and give him a call.
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I keep thinking about these cabs. The thought of another cabinet that has some type of protective coating on it other than carpeting certainly has me intrigued and the fact that I can get what I want put into it is another bonus. I was considering finding a cabinet I really love and want to stick with for a while and get it refinished in vinyl. THe Schroeders were to be next on my list if the Bergie set up that's on the way doesn't cut it... These might just do it for me.

How much does it weigh?

What does the overall tone sound like? Punchy, deep, scooped, lots of midrange coloration, flat, etc.?

What is the horn like? Airy and clean like Epi and the CXL or clanky like SWR and the like?

How does it do on the low-B?
    :confused: :bassist:
  3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
  4. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    weeeeeeeee...tagging in for the ride. i think my next upgrade if i get into my grad school of choice will be a UL cab from either LDS or Epi