Just got a MTD kingston Heir fretless!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vikunja, Dec 6, 2004.

1. vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    After waiting a couple of weeks I got my new Kingston Heir fretless, which I bought from Bass Central. No problems receiving it here in Norway.

I must say I was really suprised with the sound. Great "mwah" sound and for being a passive bass it has a very strong sound output level. I'm really happy with it! :)
  2. PhunkyElephant

Oct 9, 2004
    Mmmmmm... Marabou...
    Kingston Heir is a magnificent bass! Enjoy, man/woman!

Now, I know you have quite high taxation there in Norway. How much did the local taxes add to the final price of the bass?
  3. vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    I'll see if I can get hold of a digital camera.

Jepp, the taxes are high here, 24% per cent on top of what I paid. But the instruments here are so dearly priced anyway that I probably saved a lot (don't even think they sell MTD here). And due to a strong Norwegian Kroner (our currency) against the Dollar I saved quite a lot! :)
  4. groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    Congrats! I hope you enjoy it, I love mine! What color is it? 5 string?
  5. vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Thanks! Its the Five String sunburst model.
  6. aughh, my gas is rising exponentially and there aren't even any pictures :( I want one of those really badly. Congragulations :bassist:
  7. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    From what ive heard there great basses, i would love to play an mtd.
  8. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I don't believe you.. Pictures are required.. :D
  9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually, it looks just like this!

10. oyvind2305

Dec 3, 2004
    How did they ship? How long did it take and what did the shipping cost you?

I am also in Norway and have been considering an import myself.

11. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    I'm also thinking of an import, from ebay :D
    If i've counted right then a bass for 700-800$ would end on 1200-1300$, included shipping(200-300$) moms(25%) and the other duty wich is 3%.
    And the best thing is i would win money by selling it later, a bass in this range would atleast cost twice as much in sweden.
  12. vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Sorry about pictures, can't get hold of a digital camera! Hope Gard's link helps!

Concerning Oyvind2305 question, Bass Central used a shipping company called Bax Global. And it got to me in about two weeks. The shipping cost approx $120 to the airport. Then you pay moms at the pickup place, which is calculated by taking the price of the bass and the shipping cost. There is no toll price on basses.