1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just got a navigator! now what...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vinpaul, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey, just won an auction for an eden navigator. Im stoked since ever since I first tried an eden at a store Ive been wanting it. Everyone says get a mesa or ampeg (i play hard rock, bit of funk) but my jaw dropped when I played through the eden, class above, my personal opinion. Anyway now that I have it IL need a power amp, any recommendations? My budget isnt too big, cant afford a macro tech or something like that. Thanks heaps

P.S-bass is a spector Q4 (nest to be upgraded to a MM jazz or lakland jazz) and cab is a shroeder 410r.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    MF is blowing out Crown XLS 602's for $249, shipped. :)

Tom.

3. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    I dont think thats to Australia mate. I dont have a credit card anyway at the moment (evil things) so I gota buy something from here. By the way thanks for your reply to my pm tom, the CA6 auction closes in 3 days and its definetely a contender

4. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Sorry about that. I forgot that you were Down Under. At any rate, the CA6 is an even better amp, so perhaps all is for the best, eh? :smug:

Tom.

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    You'll not go wrong with the CA6.
    Used qsc plx's can be had for cheap, and they're light too.
    The Carvin DCM series are good, reliable and cheap as well.

6. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    yeah I bid on a plx last week they dont come up second hand here too often, got outbid (damn e bay!) maybe it was meant to be though If I can snag the C6. Its heavy I spose but what the hell

7. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey just wondering, the CA6 is an older model that only has the 5 way binding post outputs. How do they work, do I need more than I cable? Are they easy to bridge? Thanks

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Most of the CA6/9's that I have seen have the 5-way binding posts. Does yours have a switch on the back for stereo/parallel mono/bridged mono? If so, it's a piece of cake to bridge, and just one cable will do ya (it should idicate on the back which posts to use for + and - for bridged mono). If you do not have a switch on the back, then you have to take off the top and set an internal switch (which is really a pain - I don't know why they originally did it this way).

Tom.

9. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Of course, another great amp to consider with the Navigator would be the WT-1000 (or newer WT-1250).

120_2099.

10. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Het tom- I had a look, it does have a switch luckily so thats cool. I have heard good things on the eden power amps, how would u say the sound differs to the crest? Does rthe eden giver as good a low end and project as well> Also what is the price for the eden power amps? Even from US prices Il get a rough idea of what they charge here. Thanks

11. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    The WT-1000 retails for $1,200 list, and I bought mine used for less than half of that. I have not yet compared it to the CA9, so I can't really speak to how it will hold up.

Tom.