Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just Got a new TRB5PII

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dooft11, Apr 14, 2005.

1. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    Just got one, amazing neck!!! the pre is a bite 'electric'..but this baby is sweet

2. Congrats! I've heard nothing but good things about those basses!

3. +1

4. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    Good Morning everyone, so nice to see a new bass case beside my bed. Yeah, the TRB is sweet, i will definitly take some pic to share with all you guys.Good day

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, if you don't post any pics, I WILL!

6. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Weird, I've been GASing BAD for one of these...how much did it run you?

Where'd you pick it up from?

7. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    hey man, i got it from the local music store, which all the yamaha is in discount, i saw another sixer trb6pII as well, brand new with case, so if you want, you may consider it.. it is around 1750US

8. I have a Mk I TRB6 and it is my favourite bass (even including my Conklin 8), I use it for most of my gigs.

9. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    hey Munjibunga, mine is just the same as yours, for sure i will post some pic, cause i wont let you take all the glory.
    I like the neck shape and nut with more as i play along, however, the Pre...is... well.. maybe i should give it more time to see if i can dig something out of it. the MIJ had made some serious bass again.
    Hey, about the TRB6PII, i think it is a good one, and the price i listed is their discounted price.. i reallyl hope someone will get it.. too bad i am a HONGKONGer. come on guys, pay a quick visit to hk and get this smoking 6ser

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I am so sorry, my man, because I already have taken all the glory. That'll teach you to post about a new bass with no pics!

But seriously, that Yammer is one of my favorite basses. The fit and finish are second to none, and it has tone for miles. I'm sure you're going to love it. Congratulations.