1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just got a Polytope- need examples of bass/synth detune!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sunbeast, Aug 22, 2012.

1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I recently got my hands on an Iron Ether Polytope to satisfy my craving to try some more tweakable/ interesting chorus designs (and to continue slowly building up the amazing IE catalog). Long story short is that this pedal is eons beyond the standard analog delay-based choruses I am used to- in fact not really even fair to call it a "chorus pedal" as that sells its capabilities waaaay short!

As with my Oxide and more recently my Xerograph, the Polytope is motivating me to mess around with sounds I never imagined previously. As a part of that quest I was hoping some folks could point me in the direction of songs/music where a detune effect such as this has been used- either bass or synth- so I can get a better grasp of the applications and directions I could take the Polytope beyond that little wedge of settings that fits into the typical "chorus" arena. Especially trying to understand the relationship of the multiple voices and how they work together to do what they do. I have a feeling that "detune" is pretty much an inherent effect in much synth work, but I'm so far removed from most electronic music and how its made that I need examples to drive it home...

FWIW- I have messed with most of the settings from the Polytope Settings thread, but am very interested in hearing these sounds in a musical/band/arrangement context!