Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got a Roland Cube-30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What a great little practise amp. It sounds so good playing in the livingroom. I really enjoy having the different amp models. I prefer the SVT and the Bassman, but the SWR is great for a clean sound too. I would not try to take this combo on a rehersal with a band but for what I´m using it for it´s great, loud and surprisingly deep.
    Sounds much better than the Behringer BX600 it replaced and is about half the size.
    Check it out if you need a practise amp!

2. kinclune

kinclune

Nov 27, 2005
    Concur on the cube. Plenty loud enough to be heard for a three piece garage band. Do you think the "swr" setting on the roland cube captures the swr tone of their amps and/or combos?

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It´s pretty close to a SWR Redhead I´ve played but not as loud.

4. kinclune

kinclune

Nov 27, 2005
    Thanks. I need a bigger setup. I really like the swr sound out of the cube. I don't have an opportunity to play a swr workingman 2x10c combo, but the price is very appealing as it is being discontinued ($500). Its 280 watts, with 400 with an extension I think. If it is close to the cube sound, it seems like it would be a good intermediate setup for a really good price.

5. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I don´t know about the Workingman combo. I´ve never played one. The weak link in the lower ranges are that often the speakers break up too early. I´d try it out before buying. On the other hand I´ve never been able to play with my band with a 2x10". And that was with a brand new EBS. Just not enough head room. The speakers bottomed out really easy. That´s why I build my own cabs. ;)
    And we dont play loud. Just mellow pop music.