1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just got a Roland Cube-30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What a great little practise amp. It sounds so good playing in the livingroom. I really enjoy having the different amp models. I prefer the SVT and the Bassman, but the SWR is great for a clean sound too. I would not try to take this combo on a rehersal with a band but for what I´m using it for it´s great, loud and surprisingly deep.
    Sounds much better than the Behringer BX600 it replaced and is about half the size.
    Check it out if you need a practise amp!

2. kinclune

kinclune

Nov 27, 2005
    Concur on the cube. Plenty loud enough to be heard for a three piece garage band. Do you think the "swr" setting on the roland cube captures the swr tone of their amps and/or combos?

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It´s pretty close to a SWR Redhead I´ve played but not as loud.

4. kinclune

kinclune

Nov 27, 2005
    Thanks. I need a bigger setup. I really like the swr sound out of the cube. I don't have an opportunity to play a swr workingman 2x10c combo, but the price is very appealing as it is being discontinued ($500). Its 280 watts, with 400 with an extension I think. If it is close to the cube sound, it seems like it would be a good intermediate setup for a really good price.

5. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I don´t know about the Workingman combo. I´ve never played one. The weak link in the lower ranges are that often the speakers break up too early. I´d try it out before buying. On the other hand I´ve never been able to play with my band with a 2x10". And that was with a brand new EBS. Just not enough head room. The speakers bottomed out really easy. That´s why I build my own cabs. ;)
    And we dont play loud. Just mellow pop music.