Just got a Spector, good deal???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by truckin88, Oct 20, 2005.

1. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    That's a good deal. The NS2000/Q4 was replaced by the Legend 4. That was part of Spector's Professional series, it was a step up from the Chinese made Performer. Basswood body with a quilt maple veneer top. A good solid all around bass.
  2. truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    what are the electronics, I know EMGs for pickupss but preamp wise, would a Aguilar sound good in it, I figured for that price it is worth it, I mean that is cheaper then an MIM fender and almost as much as high end SX
  3. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I believe the Q4 has an EMG BTS system, which has bass and treble boost/cut. Try that out, you may like it. An OBP-1 would be a nice upgrade, and would give you the same pickups and preamp as the original ReBop had.
  4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Actually, the stock EMG BT is nice, but I've been swapping them out in my two main axes (Spector NS20005 and defretted NS2000Q5) for the 3 band EMG BQ circuits, it's the one with the adjustable mids (not the 30BQR that ships with the current Professional Series Legend basses.) Helps you sweeten up the mid range when necessary...I like it, despite the frequency boost in the bass range only being 10db as opposed to 12db, but I hardly notice the difference.

You got a good deal man!