Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just Got a used 92' Stingray for 700$ w/case and shipping next day air !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Sep 19, 2002.

1. red

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. black

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. imitation rosewood

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. leave it white

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. other

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I can't believe how lucky I feel at this moment. This will bw my current main and future backup to the Custom our very own Darrin Huff is slapping together for me. Its egg shell white with a white pick guard, 3-band and rosewood board. I'm thinking of changing the pickguard to either red, black or imitation rosewood. Whatta ya think?

2. Hey congrats man, and welcome to the MM club.
    Eggshell w/white you say? You may have too much white going on there. I'd say the rosewood would look pretty good on your bass. Is it a rosewood board? My 'Ray is the opposite of your's: black w/black pickguard. I'm seriously thinking of changing mine to a tortoiseshell to break up all that black and give it a more vintage look. Have you considered tortoiseshell?

Check this place out: www.pickguards.com

Whatever you choose, good luck.

Mike J.

3. Sorry for asking if it was a rosewood board when you already stated it in your post. Sometimes I read too fast. :oops:

Mike J.

4. I'd second the Tortoise Shell vote, it looks killer on anything! and then maybe black but still the Tortoise Shell would be your best bet.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I vote for.. Gray Pearloid. Or perhaps gray mirror. Gray is the word, anyways.

6. Black pearloid. You'll thank me.

7. Speaking of black pearloid, Tufnuts, I'm slappin a black pearloid on my MIM Standard P-Bass...it's midnight blue so hopefully the pickguard will take away the purpleness and make it look manly...

8. black. also, congratulations, that's a NICE score.

9. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thanx guys I'm stoked and I think I'll go with the black at this point.....hmmmm.....now to find one sort of cheaply:oops: :p .

10. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    White abalone. You can go to the Ernie Ball site, to the build an instrument ans see what it will look like with different combinations.
    http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/build/
    this is what mine looks like

[​IMG]

11. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    nice, Ernie Ball MM has good low end. when are going to play so we can come see the new axe?

12. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    congrats and welcome to the MM club indeed, I have to go white/Tort for obvious reasons[​IMG] my ray

13. Tortoise shell is my vote. My cream J-bass looks *so* much better now that I put on the tortoise shell and replaced the white.

It's just a great combo.

14. Tortoise all the way man!