1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just got a Warwick...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by west*coast*bass, Oct 21, 2006.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    So I got this Warwick Thumb NT 4 today in a trade. I believe it to be a 2000 model as the last 2 numbers in the serial number are 00. Any help on this from Warwick owners would be appreciated...

Anyway, it's in great shape and came with a very cool Warwick Rockbag. I see the bolt on Thumbs for sale all the time but I don't see the neck throughs come up for sale too often, can someone let me know why this is?

The bass weighs in at about 9 lbs (according to the scale), not sure if this is light for a Thumb but it's pretty comfortable.

The bass has the dual MEC J's with the 3 band pre...some very useable tones here, I'm pleasantly surprised. All in all I'm not sure if it will stay in the long run but I really dig the thick woody tone for now. I'll be playing it out on Sunday - that will be the real test.

DSC00065.gif
    DSC000672.gif
    DSC00066.gif

2. Very nice wick!

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    nice bass. enjoy the warwick.

4. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Destroyobot

Sep 7, 2006
    Manitoba, Canada
    You just got a bass at 1:30 in the morning?

5. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Yeah...:eyebrow:

See, it's only 11:30 here in California.

Where did you read that I just got this bass????

6. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Destroyobot

Sep 7, 2006
    Manitoba, Canada
    The title. :p

7. Sandwich Man

Sandwich Man

Apr 30, 2006
    New York
    Nice score, man.

8. Good looking axe and I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks. What kind or brand of strap is on the bass? It looks real comfy. :cool: :D

9. csala

csala

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    Hey Mark,
    It's Craig, the guy you traded with today. Thanks much for the Level 4. I just finished playing it for 3 hrs with a guitarist and drummer and the bass sounded great, though it will take some getting used to. It's everything you said it was.
    Enjoy the Warwick! That beast has some incredible tones and I'm sure you'll hear its full potential on Sunday. Let me know when your new bass arrives.

10. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

Thanks Craig, I put some new string on it and it sounds great. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

On a side note, anyone here on TB should feel very comfortable dealing with Craig - he's a good guy!

11. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

:D

12. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks, the strap is the Comfort Strap.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Very nice looking bass you've got there! Interestingly though, I've seen more NT thumbs up for sale recently, it's been pretty thin on the ground looking for BO thumbs as of late!

What annoys me about people selling Thumbs (apart from in your case) is that they only seem to sell the 5 stringers, what about the 4 and 6 strings?

14. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    How'd you get that huge gouge in the front of that?

:eek:

kidding . . . nice thumb

15. Sweet thumb, congrats!

16. Siberian Cat

Siberian Cat

Oct 19, 2006
    Moscow
    Very nice Warwick :))
    Congratulations!

17. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks everyone! I plugged her in and played her again this morning and the bass really sounds great.

18. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Those are great straps.

Awesome bass!
    -Alex