Just got back from bass central...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fatbassjazzer, Jan 15, 2005.

1. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Man, that store is amazing. Not enough nice things can be said about it. Unfortunatly we didn't get to meet Gard, but we met Beaver and Grasshopper and they are really cool guys. I went with my cousin Tyler (a.k.a. glydebass) and he bought a Nemesis NC320 2x10 combo amp. It sounds amazing. We tried it through a bunch of different basses like a Modulus Q5, Zon Sonus 5, and a Fodera Monarch 4 and 5, Warwick Dolphin 5, Thumb 4, and tons of other basses. Never in my life have I played a better bass than the Fodera Monach. It had a buckeye burl top and was literally amazing. Grasshopper and Beaver are some of the coolest guys I've met too. Grasshopper really helped us out with everything we needed like getting set up, and looking through amps, and pedals and was a really cool guy. Beaver gave us plenty of good advice and he was really cool. There is a reason that Vic plays Fodera basses and why they cost 7 grand. I highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for good high end stuff. I'll certainly be back when I get the money for a Zon or Fodera :hyper: . Gard, you better be there next time cause we were looking forward to meeting you. Next time we will though.
  2. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I'd love to go there sometime myself. I ordered my HLF from Hopper. He seemed like an awesome guy.
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i would go just to hang with Gard
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Been there. Great place, great guys. I was fortunate enough to meet Gard, but he doesn't have time to hang! That place is BUSY.
  5. There are a few magic words that can suddenly make him slow down and wanna hang for a while...

...and a cute, dark blonde, anally intoxicated chicken! :eek:
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Any place that employs a couple guys named Grasshoper and Beaver must be cool.

7. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Best place for Lefties :)
  8. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I wonder where Gard went and if he completley missed this thread.