Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just got back from the les/buckethead/brain signing!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I just got back from the Les/Buckethead/Brain signing for their new cd "The Big Eyball in the Sky". It was so awsome, by far the most laid back in-store I have ever been to. There was this extra chair next to Les, probably supposed to be for Bernie, which wasn't there, and Les said to me that it was "The Official Lounge Chair". It was cool because you could go sit next to him in it and get your picture taken, and there wasn't a rush on anything at all. There were quit a few people with their basses too, I saw a double bass actually, i'll post a picture of it when i get them back, it should probably be nicknamed "The Playboy" bass, because it was a double bass, with pictures of hot girls attatched to all of it.
    Together, me and my dad got 2 KFC buckets signed by Buckethead, 2 "The Big Eyeball in the Sky" cd's, 2 posters of them all, a Primus CD cover, and a Buckethead CD cover, :D. But overall, great signing, great cd, cool fans, awsome time.

did anyone else go, and did anyone else get the cd?

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I am beyond jealous of you right now. Did you see an average height Indian kid there with a Squier bass that looked like it had been attacked by a paint can? My buddy Hoss went and apparently got his bass (which my guitarist Tyler attacked with paint a couple years back...) signed.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    West coast gets all the fun!

Good to hear that they are great guys.

4. I went with Stephen to it. Those guys were so laid back and chill, great time! Even talked to Les for a little bit about the Primus show we saw last year during Tour De Fromage. Since they all live in S.F. too, they were like, right on time which was cool. It was well worth taking a day off from school to go meet them! I got the CD signed, poster signed and the pickguard from my Squier Strat signed. I got some pics so I'll post them once I get them off the camera (few minutes)!

Peace,
    Tyler

5. As I promised...some pics!

We ended up waiting in line for about 2 hours, so I snapped a few pics while we were there. Here is one w/ Stephen and some of the crowd...

[​IMG]

Now, Stephen was talking about the upright covered in pics of women which he nicknamed the "Playboy Bass". Here are a couple pics of it (mods remove them if they are too offensive).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the line when the guys arrived and everyone started moving forward (we were pretty much in the front of the line). It went all the way around the corner...

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of Les, Brain and Buckethead along w/ some guy in the "Lounge Chair" that had been talking to Les.

[​IMG]

Here is Stephen getting up from just talking and getting his pic taken with Les.

[​IMG]

Couple of The Man himself!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course Les was doing some doodle on the table cloth, so I had to get a pic of it!

[​IMG]

That's all I have. Stephen's dad has some that he took too, so I guess Stephen will get those up when his dad gets them developed! Truly was an awesome day!

Peace,
    Tyler

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool pics Ty. good Work. that playboy bass rocks, you should post some pics in the DB section. :D *

*not actually a good idea.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Claypool = Favorite bassist
    Buckethead = Favorite guitarist
    Brain = One of my favorite drummers
    Bernie Worell = Well, I don't know much about keyboard players, but he is the bees knees.

8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Damn, a Buckethead autographed KFC bucket. That is cool.
    :cool:

9. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Buckethead is an amazing guitarist, I just don't understand the whole gimmick of the mask and all.

10. He's a really huge Micheal Meyers(sp?/the horror guy) fan.

So he has fun. And I don't think his playing is in anyway related to the bucket, he can bust out the shred like a motha' and write smooth jazz at the same time.

Probably my favorite(or one of) guitarists of all time.

11. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

all in fun? I've never seen him without the mask.

12. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Exactly. He doesn't want the world to know who he is.

13. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I want to hear some bucket head. Whats songs and stuff is he in?

beside crapp G&R

14. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    He's got over a dozen solo CDs out. You can hear some samples on Amazon.com

I recommend Colma, which I still maintain is the best album EVER.

But many of his CDs are in totally different styles, so don't discount him if you hear one you don't like.

15. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I could be wrong, but I think bucketheads real name is
    Bryon Carroll?

16. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Yep. He tries to keep that a secret too. Like if you try and post that on the forum on his website, the admins will delete your post. Actually, I think they review every post before it goes up, even.

17. buckethead is an awesome guitarist, and les is god of bass.

Ive heard that the reason he wears the bucket is because he has serious stage fright, but if the crowd cant see his face , then hes ok.

I havent heard anything off the cd yet, is it worth buying??

18. It's worth more than they make you pay! It seriously rocks so much, I can't stop listening to it, just so awesome.

19. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    This CD is so good, I would buy it for you if I had the extra money... If. The whole band is amazing, Les is as good as ever, but he does play a more backing role in most part. I think that Buckethead really shines most in this album, but they are all good no matter what.

20. I want to pick it up tomarrow, but i wont be anywhere near a good music store, I doubt walmart will have it