Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got back from the local pro shop!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon Burnet, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    And the had a SWEEEEEEET sadowsky PJ for like 2200 bucks!!! whatabargin! they had a really sweet elrick singlecut fretless too. man where is my cash when i need it?
    i figured i would post this here so if any of you guys with cash burnin a hole could take advantage of it!

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ive seen sad pj's sell on ebay and bassgear for less

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What shop?

;)

4. Basso Profoundo

Basso Profoundo Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    Sounds like Corner Music in Nashville.

5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    yeah it was corner! i forget what they wanted for the single cut but it seemed pretty fair.
    the sad was practically new. sounded excellent!

6. Basso Profoundo

Basso Profoundo Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    $2250.00.

[​IMG]

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That's the bass on Aero pickups' website.

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    hmm, if he traded it in, i hope erich didnt lose his azz on it. he was trying to sell that thing for a looooooooooong time.

9. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    cant see why it would have been hard to move. the thing played like butter! if i wasnt so big and the sadowsky so small i probably would have been more tempted. but now i have MAJOR gas for a lakland AND bag end cabs!

10. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I was the original owner of that Elrick singlecut fretless. I ordered it and it was the first singlecoil pickup in wood casings that he did for Elrick. That pink ivory board does make a HUGE difference in tone over ebony for a fretless. It does play incredibly, and I don't know why Erich couldn't move it. It's worth almost twice the asking price, IMHO. I'm a 4 string guy at heart, and Rob E. is just putting the finish on my new Elrick as I write this...4 string alder/buckeye, macassar ebony board, dinky frets, 18 v., Bart X4s, etc.
    That sinlecut at Corner Music is a great bass that someone should snap up.
    C'mon Funkycarnivore...Jeff Rader....your name's all over that puppy!! Warm up the plastic and sit by your window and wait for the man in the brown truck who brings happy packages!

11. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    jacochops; amazing looking bass, what is that top, burl birds-eye? They're not listed on his website, is the single-cut a custom only or discontinued line? Are those PUPs single-coil. I'll bet it wasn't easy to let that one go. I'd love to see pictures of its replacement.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hmm...

Betsy could use a friend... ;)

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    joker,

call jd at corner and tell him jon the phone guy sent you from talkbass and he should hook you up!

14. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Betsy? Kind of a plain name for such an exotic lady (if you're talking your singlecut). So does he still make them, or are they a custom order? Price? Did you ever do a review on yours? If not, I'd like to hear about it.

15. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Here's my review on that singlecut I used to own...
    It kicks ass.
    ...end of review
    Seriously, Rob E. still makes them. They are a fantastic bass. That top was simply blonde maple burl. Rob uses a lot of it. The pickups were single coil Aeros. I didn't really care for them. But the bass was an incredible player. It was quite easy to part with it, though. I've bought MANY high end 5's thinking I'd make the jump, but with the gigs I do, 4's where I'm home. A lot of fusion Jaco-type stuff, so that B is just a high-priced thumbrest for me. Rob E. just finished my new 4 string today, and is shipping it out to me through the Bass Palace. Alder/buckeye bolt on, macassar ebony board, Bartolini X4 humbucking single coils, 18 V. preamp, 1 piece quartersawn neck, mandolin fretwire, etc. It should be GREAT. I'm also waiting on my new Nordstrand singlecut fretless. My Christmas presents are coming early this year!