Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just Got Back From The Tattoo Parlor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by darkspec, Jan 4, 2003.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Hey guys, Just got back from Finest Lines. (A tattoo parlor in Cleveland, Ohio.) I walked in there stoked about getting my tattoo. I am only 15 years old and my dad was behind me fully on this. I talked to the guys and girls there, and they didnt have one bass clef predesign! So, the guys give me a pencil and a piece of paper, 20mins later I have the design that I wanted. The guys scans it in, prints it out. About 30mins later I have a Red Bass Clef with black outline. Im so pleased with it. Ill post pics when I get a chance to take one. :)

2. I don't think I've ever heard of a parent supporting a kid to get a tattoo....maybe tolerating...but never supporting.

Congrats on the tattoo though, hope you like it.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im gonna get a solid black bass cleff when I graduate.

Its either going on my forearm, or the back of my neck. Where is yours?

Im going with a bunch of friends and were all gonna get something.

4. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    Im getting some tribal that my friend designed, its not like Kerry Kings (Slayer) tribal its like smoothe and smokey sort of, its a solid black design.I already have black stars going up my forearm and small hearts(solid black too) for everyone close to me who has passed. I only do solids so they wont fade as much.

5. Hey darkspec, how bad did it hurt? I want one but I am a pu**y.

6. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    My is on my upper left arm, so I can cover it up if need be. And my dad was behind me, he has 3 tattoos of his own is a major support of the argument that it is art and not like a pierceing etc. It did not hurt that bad, The pain aspect is really really over hyped. It huurt, but no bad enough to regret starting it or want to stop, besides...a few moments of pain for something that lasts forever.

7. .......that it is art and not like a pierceing . a body mod is a body mod one cant be art and the othere not.

8. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    My artist Geeg:

[​IMG]

And My Tattoo:

[​IMG]

9. came out nice, dude. i'm gonna have to wait til i'm 18 to get inked-up, my dad's not that cool.

10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    If you're worried about the pain, you shouldn't do it. Pu**ies shouldn't get tattoos.

I'm kidding -- sort of.

11. i should be getting my frist tat ina few days weels. i need the money. i plan 3 tats.frist geting my birth sing(i cant think how to spell it right)on my right wrist with a band or some sort around it. a bass clef on my arm. with ur hand facing up close to the elbow joint not sure what part of the body is.

i really really want a wrist watch on my left,but i want it to be like a deli paintig metling away set to 1 21. my b day.

12. inner forearm?
    a melting clock would be pretty cool, dali is awesome. good idea with making the time be your birthday, too.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Even if it is a bass clef, this has nothing to do with music. Begone!

14. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
  15. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Amen to that. sort of. :D

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    word--kinda...

tattoos don't hurt. none of mine did anyway. it's more of an irritating, burning sensation.

17. Alyn

Alyn

Dec 19, 2002
    I'm not a fan of Tatoo's, I'd never get one so long as I'm just living a day to day life although if I was to become famouse some how I'd like to get like a cool pattern or maybe a pic of a bass or something running parralel to the edge of the bone a couple of inches below my right sholder blade and slightly to the right.

18. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    One of our exdrummers got a tribally band type thing on their arm when she was just startiong year 9, so we were all about 14 at the time. Her mum aggreed to it and took her as far as i know.

ps, how comes it took you 20 minutes to design a red bass clef with a black outline :confused:

19. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    #

Just an opinion, but boys with tattoo bands = YMCA if ya get my drift...

(nothing wrong with that if you like it and are a consenting adult).

ps - the tattoo watch idea to me seems unbelievbly crap, sorry but it does.

20. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i like to see the kids getting the tribal art tattoos and ask them what tribe the designs came from. gets em all confused. all my tats have meaning, a story behind them. i don't get em just to have em. but that's just me.