Just got back my first amp I ever had

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Limo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I found my old Dean Markley combo which was my first amp, got it in '93 and hated it and sold it. My friend had it all this time for home recording and he gave me the amp back and I plugged it tonight and I absolutely love the sound, it has the 1k midrange tone I love. I know it's not the best amp in the world for a lot of people but I love it. I'm not going to sell my Ampeg but I might use it a lot:)
  2. Congrats! Most of us aren't as lucky. We sell the gear we have, regret it later, and never see it again.

Funny how tastes change... or possibly the amp after all those years?!?
  3. ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    I'd do anything to find my old peavey crap box. I miss that thing for no good reason. :)
  4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I still have the first bass amp I bought. It is an Acoustic 150b, and I bought it in '75. Sounds kinda muddy, but it brings back memories when I look at it. All the rest of my gear from then is long gone. :(
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000

I wonder if I could buy back the Marshall Major I sold for $300 in 1981 for the same price?

I did see some SRO 15s on eBay that could have been mine (also sold in '81), but the owner couldn't confirm where his dad got them from.