1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just got home from a GREAT gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Funk 'N' Stein, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Hey everyone

Ever have a really really enjoyable gig where everything goes just RIGHT ?

Had a trio gig tonight, providing music for a convention. Myself (bass), Guitarist, and Tenor/Alto/Flautist.

We were given carte blanche to play what we wanted and settled on a mixture of latin standards, standards, Be Bop, Blues and a few ballads. 3 sets , roughly 3 hours worth of music.

Everything was just ON right from the word go. Lots of space, great sound, appreciative audience, plenty of room to stretch out and improvise.

Just a fantastic gig and we do it again tomorrow night with a drummer...I cant wait.

2. c_joseph_lier

c_joseph_lier

Aug 7, 2007
    Awesome deal ... if you can, get a small recorder just for the sake of trying to keep some "magic" on disc ... i did that for some old gigs, and I go back to listen just to get amped about music sometimes ... plus, you could maybe .. possibly ... share with TB ... ;)

3. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    I love those kinds of shows.
    you look back at the recording and, ya just feel so gosh darn good about yourself.

4. Lucky bastard, what a good feeling that is!

Big +1 on having a recorder up and running whenever possible. Better yet, have video as well. Then you can turn your stellar show into some killer promo material. :)

5. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Good job man!