Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just got home from work.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Jul 15, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ... and I was dragging along a new bass! I am now the proud owner of a Conklin GT-7 in the wine red finish.... mmmmm.... seven strings good! just playing that thing is a workout! but it is way to fun, and way to cool....

P@[​IMG]

just a quick pic from conklin site... I will get better pics up soon...

2. i hate u. not really.i want one so bad.i played one of the red ones at guiatre center and it was pretty nice .i think the look better then the ones wiith out the red stain.if you dont mind you can send that to me if its to hard to play.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    How long do you think it will take for you to get 7-8 of 'em and a mo *cough*llet*cought* hawk?

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    wow, just two replies before a shot at jt... isn't that a new record?

After playing this thing for a while, all I can say is it is amazing... The barts make it sound great! It plays well, sounds great, but it does get a little confusing, when the right and left hands ain't on the same string.... oh well, that will work out in time I'm sure!

P@

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've tried playing a few 7 stringers, and to me, it is like fumbling with knobs on a peavey b-quad.

6. i have played one like 10 time seems like every time i go to guitare center after awhile it felt easy but i cant go as fast.guess playing a freinds 6 strings all the time helps to.

7. Sweet - that remains my dream bass. I have been keeping an eye on ebay for a good one to come along. Great to hear that you enjoy your so much!

If you don't mind me asking - where did you get it from and how much did you pay?

Thanks, and good luck!

8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

Hey!! Congrats!! I've had mine for about a month or so now!! Im loving it!!

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Kieth,
    There were several on there last time I checked!! Go take a look!!

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Yeah, I think it's great too. :D

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    After about ten minutes with a b-quad, i'll start saying, "OH GREAT! THIS KNOB DOESN'T DO ANYTHING!!! DAMMIT!!!"

But i really like the tones i could find.

12. stefeb

stefeb

Jun 9, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    I just put mine on eBay today. It was way too early in my bass career to try a seven string, but the sound in great, and it is in mint conditon.

Here's the link, if you'd like to take a look -

Conklin GT-7

13. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I think I saw that neck last time I was in Redwood National Forest. If I remember correctly I believe I drove my car through it.

14. stefeb

stefeb

Jun 9, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    :) It's good for light aircraft as well. Only thing missing are the beacons.

15. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Well, I got the bass from Musicians Friend.... I work in the returns dept, and this one had been sent back because the laminates on the headstock were starting to split because of an impact. The bass was marked down to 400$ because of that, and I got it a little better than that because I am an employee... But I have already been in contact with Bill Conklin about getting it repaired. Aside from the headstock, everything was mint! So it was quit a deal for me...

P@