Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 20, 2002.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Last night i got my Jack casady bass from ups i boght it from boogiebass what a great guy got a good deal. This bass is the clossest thing to an upright bass i have heard. Just a real good bass. Mine is a gold top. I am so happy i cant wait to really rock with it.:)
  2. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    very cool! nothing like getting a new bass, and at a deal, huh? But where are the pics? hmmmmm?

3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    that's a great bass. i tried and loved it.

damn money----

Whoa baby, I almost can't contain my joy! :)

Please, after you play your's for a couple of days, tell us what you really think. By this I mean it only gets better!

I got mine almost 2 years ago, and the love affair is still going on. I won't ramble on in the interest of saving bandwidth; anything I say about this most underrated bass will just be repeating myself. If you do a search on the Jack Casady bass, my name will come up quite often. No, I'm not full of myself, it's just that a few other members told me this.

Major, now you know how *different* this guy sounds. I like your comment about it sounding like an upright. I couldn't agree more. As good as this bass sounds, you should try it with a good preamp or EQ; it's gets even better. I use a Yamaha NE-1.

If you want anymore info, just ask here, or PM me.

I love threads on this bass. I can't wait for the others Jackbass memebers to get here.

The guy you bought it from is THE BEST! Boogiebass was one of the first guys I contacted here, and yes, it was about the Casady bass.

Let me shut up now.

Congratulations. The sound will only grow on you more over time.

Mike J. :)
  5. toad

Jun 26, 2002
    i would love to join this club, but my backorder wait is now going on 5 months with no end in sight. (sigh ...). metal, please tell us more about this bass, so i can better imagine having one in my hands. a picture would be even more painful.
  6. There's a 5 month wait to get one? :confused: :eek:

That gets the Boo of the week.

Toad, where did you order your's from?

Mike J.
  7. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey, I'm glad that sweet goldtop Jackbass found a good home. Major Metal, be sure and take Mikey up on his offer of advice/communication, etc., he's the King o' The Jacksters! And he's got that big stash of Blue Steel, too! ;)
  8. toad

Jun 26, 2002
    ordered it from music123; they gave me a great price, but apparently these casady basses are not to be had new anywhere right now. i just got a call from fur peace ranch saying they had one in stock, but it's over $200 more. so, just sitting and waiting....

This bass has the best natural sound out their i really feel it is better then then the epiphone rivoli bass. The feel is the neck has got a great width you can move around really fast when the bass is on your lap it is something to get used to because of the les paul cut away. Toad their is a Jack bass at the bass palce right now in sunburst it is $679 you might be able to bargin. The next step is to replace my peavy with 130 some thing else like a SWR or Ampeg any advice would be great. This bass is like nothing you have played before. DO NOT be turned off by made in Korea this bass is a lot better then alot of US basses. JACK FOR ALL:)
  10. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Toad, I have a sunburst Casady, mint condition with case, that I'm looking to sell. I sent you a PM about it. If you're tired of waiting for Music123, let me know.

After playing this amazing tonal machine i can say it will be hard to go back to a solid body bass. I really want to get either a Gecko 5 string Schecter Model T or the redone ampeg scroll bass. But the new amp has to come first. This bass the Jack casady has much more tonal ranges then the epiphone Rivoli the neck is allso wider. If you get this bass you want want one of those Acoustic basses this is much better. Will have pics soon.
  12. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I got G.A.S:D
    I always wanted a Cassidy, Mmmmmm that black one looks real sweet!

Congrats MM on the Jack!
  13. pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    hey mugsy...id be interested in your jack bass
  14. SrLomo

May 3, 2002
    I order my Jack Casady on 12 August 2002 and today, 5 Dec 2002 i'm still waiting. :mad:

All i read about this bass is AMAZING and i decided to get it without a try after reading post in this forum, specially Michael Jewels ;)

But JC basses are hard to get... snif :(

The dealer assure me that before 2003 the bass will arrive but i didn't believe them. Perhaps next summer my brand new bass will fall in my hands... i hope.