Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got me a PreSonus Blue Max compressor..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SoyBase, Dec 26, 2002.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Well, I had a Behringer Composer Pro in my rack and decided I just didnt like it, and of course, I despise the place I bought it (GC) and returned it today. The thing worked well, but the gate was too noisy and the pots just seemed cheap. I didnt really want this cheap thing sitting atop my Aggie DB750..I know its stupid, but oh well.

So now a nice blue PreSonus BlueMAX is sitting in my living room waiting for the test run. This really does look like a nice unit. The pots they used are high quality and the case is very heavy duty...plus there is no wall wart with this thing..I hate the wall warts. iTs got pre-sets for all types of situations that may or may not work well. its also got the fully manual controls to dial in the right amount of compression. They say this thing is ultra transparent and very low noise..I guess we'll see.

I have yet to use it but I'll post up my review as soon as I do..I think the simplicity of this unit will also make my life a lot easier. We'll find out tomorrow...

Oh, by the way, Ken Stanton Music in Marietta is selling these way cheaper than anyone else..
    $119.00 great price and the guys there are great...

Anyone else used one of these bad boys?

Thanks
    Tommy

2. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Soy Base, How are you liking the Blue Max?I was thinkng of getting the Behringer Composer ProXL but am also curious about the PreSonus BlueMax.

3. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Its nice and simple...Thats why I got rid of the composer..There were too many knobs and switches on the thing. The presets can be useful as well. I havent dialed the output much over 0 for a subtle compression. I'd say give it a try.

Thanks
    Tommy