Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just Got My 1001RB-II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tallboybass, Feb 6, 2004.

1. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Hey, I just upgraded from an 800RB to a 1001RB-II. What a different world! Guess I never knew what headroom was!

I tried setting the 1001 like Daniel said to get the sound of the 800, but it's way different IMHO. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The low end is awesome.:hyper:

Anybody else make this move? What are your thoughts about the sound?

Thanks, Alan

2. thats nice to know. im happy to hear that. im most likely going to invest in a 1001rbII soon as well. carvin doesnt do it for me.

3. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    What cabs are you using? I'm been looking at getting one myself. $650 for an 18lb 700 watt amp is hard to beat.

4. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Reefer, I'm using an Avatar B210 & B212. So far, I've only tried them separately, and haven't done a gig yet. It's hard to believe the lows and highs this thing puts out compared to the 800RB.

The only down side is that the fan is on top, so you have to leave a rack space above it to breathe. Also, Guitar Center lost the feet for the bottom, lost the bi-amp speakon cable, and scratched the amp and rack handles.:mad:

Alan