Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just got my AVATAR 2X10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Feb 21, 2005.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    WOW.......nice sounding cab for the money. I got the PRO model @ 4ohm. I have an Ashdown ABM 500 and this cab sounds GREAT with it. Alot beter than an Ashdown ABM 2x10 combo, with alot more volume and punch. If you guys need a 2x10 , Avatar is worth looking into.

2. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    yes! i bought the original model with the deltas in it. It rocksss

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I dig the hell out of my Avatar 4x10 - it's my main cab and it gets used a lot.

The tweeter, however, is fried and I need to get a new one.

4. Different fonts = sux0rz. Seriously.

I will be purchasing an Avatar someday...

5. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    There's a reason that Avatar 210 sounds so good. The Eminence speakers are of great quality and the cabinets themselves are well put together. Nothin wrong with that :cool:

:eyebrow:

6. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

Count me in on the bandwagon. I LOVE my 210 Pro, too.
    ...of course I am like the others in trying to tame the tweeter as well, but that's a road you can cross later (if you want to).

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have the original B210 cab with the Delta's as well. Lovely cab!

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I just keep the damn tweeter off or under "2" on the dial. It's just too harsh for my ears otherwise. I'm just not into a bass sounding like a guitar I guess. I guess I'm more old school... In any event, the Avatars are still the best bang for the buck out there. There is better, but not at Avatar prices...

9. scraig

scraig

Apr 15, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    I lusting for the 2x10 with a 1x12. What is the sound difference between the Pro, Neo, and delta in a 2X10?