Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just got my bag end cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassyamaha5, Dec 28, 2002.

1. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    I was looking for a 2x10 cab and the salesman told me to try the bad end s15 d, it has the response of 10's whithout the lowend rolloff, and for 420 a peice, I couldn't touch tens in that price range, I ended up trading all my other speakers for an almost dead swap, these thing are really loud, and dont require much juice, also, they only weigh 39 lbs a piece, I can carry one in each hand like nothing, hopefully I'll get to use them out soon, anyone else have experience with these??

2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Great little cabs.. A very nice tight and focused sound..

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I want mine to have my child.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    *Me trying not to picture HeavyDuty and his Bag End... alone*

:eek:

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    My Bag End cabs are virgins and will remain that way THANK YOU!!! :D
    [​IMG]

Enjoy those cabs. :cool:

6. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'll try to do this all in one post...

I just with they made those back ports a smidge bigger... ;) :D

Glad to see you kept them! Still using them to gig?

Have you played around much with tonal and volume differences between running them side-by-side and stacked? Something I've been meaning to do...

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    My S15-D custom is a deeper cab than the S-15D also;)
    Yes I do still use them. I alternate between the Ampeg 610hlf and the 2 bag End 15's. just depends on what I feel like hauling to the gig.
    Eventually I will be using the Bag Ends all the time. The Ampeg is a pain to haul around but I sure like the tone I get from it. I sold one of my S15-d's and bought an S15-d custom for a little more low end that's the one on the bottom turned sideways (see pic) It's a little larger and heavier (same size as their 210 cab) but still can be easily picked up and carried with one hand.
    More low end side by side and more cutting mids stacked. If I lay my S15-D custom on it's bottom instead of on it's side it has plenty of low end, almost too much. I'm guessing that has to do with more cabinet surface making contact with the floor.

bassyamaha5
    What amp are you using with your Bag Ends?
    Let us know what you think about your cabs once you get a chance to gig with them. I think you'll find they do a great job of cutting through the mix

8. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Bag End cabinets are great! Very clear, and warm sounding. I am considering picking up 2 of the 2x10" 4 ohm cabs, and running one each side from my Eden WT500.

9. i agree. i usually prefer stacked.

10. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    What a perv!

11. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I'm looking for a new 2x10 cab...is there a website i can check this company out on?

12. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Strangely enough, they have a website at http://www.bagend.com/ .

;)

13. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    I am running through an ampeg svt3 pro but am looking for more power, gonna buy a preamp, and a stewart world 2.1 when I can afford it, thatr amp is like having a license to kill... will let you know how they sound live with the ampeg after next Fri. will be my first gig with them...check our website at www.proudshovel.com to get an idea of what will be going through them...also, I am playing a Washburn T25 neckthrough into the amp, the bottom is crazy in the practice room

14. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Man, I need to get a digital camera, the Q10 looks awfully nice sitting on top of the rack!

15. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I am a very big Bag End fan.;) I currently have four cabs. 15's, 12's and 10's.

I may be selling one of my D10X-D's just because I don't plan on using two 2x10 cabs on a gig anymore since I got my D12-D.

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Here's my S15-D, on the bottom. I take this rig to everything.

[​IMG]

17. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    I love my Bag End 15. I would like to get another one sometime, but usually the one is enough for most of the venues in town. Nice and light and loud.

18. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Since this is a Bag End showoff thread...

...finally borrowed a camera.

great, now how do I get it right side up??

19. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    had my first gig with the new cabs last night, they rkick major a$$, I had to turn down numerous time, because it was too loud, I didn't have my master at even half of where it normally would be with 4x10's, I will never play another cab, though I might buy some more bag ends eventually, just wanted to report on the sound, I give bag end an 11 on a scale of 1-10