Just Got My Bass Back From The Shop...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Felix1776, Jun 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I took my bass in for a full setup and pickup swap. I added a Fender badass, a SD quarter pounder, and some new DR lo riders. The action is now amazing and it sounds great but i dont know if they installed the pickup correctly. Every picture I've seen shows the writing on the bottom half of the pickup. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. It won't affect performance at all

mobdirt likes this.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I think it looks great. I did some very similar mods to my Standard P. As far as the writing goes, I also think it should be on the bridge side. The cover is not attached to the pickup. You can easily swap the covers if you don't like the writing on the neck side, just unscrew them.

mobdirt likes this.
  4. It's just a pickup cover, doesn't affect the sound. My beater P has the same pickup with the printed cover on top.

5. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Your notes will swell instead of decay, you will be out of phase with the rest of the band, your volume and tone knobs will work in reverse, and you will fall off the end of the world. I pity you.

gebass6, mech, Journey55 and 5 others like this.
  6. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Wow. I swear I was busy typing almost word for the same reply!
    The solution is of course to move to Australia.

Ikkir, M.R. Ogle, lug and 5 others like this.
  7. Flippy

Flippy

Jun 9, 2017
    Europe
    If there was a second pickup, you could've been getting phase issues, no problem for P. But I would at least swap the covers, it looks dorky this way :p

8. Thanks everybody. Ill be flipping those around.

gebass6 likes this.
  9. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    Looks fine.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021