Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my BBE Tmaxx

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arjan, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Arjan

Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    Hell ya, this preamp really shines!
    I can recommend it to anyone who wants a record ready tone.
    Very clear (even with the bass cranked), and because of the tube my EMG equiped maple bass with ebony fingerboard sounds "natural". It never sounded this good.
    I recorded ones with an Avalon tube preamp but the bass sounds better through the BBE Tmaxx (and it's cheaper).
    I also tried an ampeg tube preamp but it was noisy as hell.

Just one word for this puppy, superb!
    BBE really delivered the goods with this ones.
    Also, it's noiseless, really. No hiss whatever.

2. I'm assuming you got one of the BMax-T preamps.

Yeah, they do sound great, don't they? BBE got it right with these. They're especially tight down low, where other gear (like the Sansamp BDDI I used before this) might get kind of muddy sounding. Very clean, pristine tone.

3. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Just curious. What power amp are you running it into and at what gain level? :eyebrow:

4. Arjan

Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    On stage I run it through a Bell 9024 poweramp (2x600 watts 4 ohm). With the poweramp I run the gain of the BMax-t at whatever setting I need.

Also, I tried the Bmax-t through my Hifi speakers (wich have an 5,5" alu cone woofer and a ribbon tweeter). It sounds just like Mr. Wooten then, very clear tone. Also, now I have a good sound with thumping and with finger style playing without having to fiddle with the EQ between playing styles, awesome!