1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just got my Boss GT-6B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Spikeh, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Omg... UPS just pulled up and delivered my new toy. I'm sat at work, and I have 5 1/2 hours left until I can go home and plug the baby in.

It's huge! Much bigger than I thought it was... and it's VERY sturdy... well, so far anyway... we'll see when I get it home and start playing about with it.

It seems to have more effects than I know what to do with, so I'm sure it'll keep me busy for a good while! Any tips from GT-6B users out there?

I got it for a bargain - hardly used (he said) and I've got it for £160 (when the retail in the UK is around £300). They've been going on ebay for around £250 - £280 for the past few months, and I managed to nab myself a deal :D

omg... I might see if I can book the rest of the day off... lol.

2. hi,
    yeah! be happy, that's a nice deal.
    This unit really needs some time until you have figured out what you like and what you hate, i.m.o.
    i like the modulation effects very much, also the delay, tuner and volume pedal are nice.
    Amp + cab simulation is nice, as long as it doesn't go kaput (as it went in my case)
    Synth, Distortion and most of all WAH are the things that I hate on this unit, so they will be replaced by single pedals, but with the rest I'm happy.
    have a good time
    greets

3. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Well, I had a little play last night and I got a little lost (I was also jamming at the time)... I think I need to sit down for a few days on my own and work it out, but so far I'm impressed with it!