Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my Boss GT-6B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Spikeh, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Omg... UPS just pulled up and delivered my new toy. I'm sat at work, and I have 5 1/2 hours left until I can go home and plug the baby in.

It's huge! Much bigger than I thought it was... and it's VERY sturdy... well, so far anyway... we'll see when I get it home and start playing about with it.

It seems to have more effects than I know what to do with, so I'm sure it'll keep me busy for a good while! Any tips from GT-6B users out there?

I got it for a bargain - hardly used (he said) and I've got it for £160 (when the retail in the UK is around £300). They've been going on ebay for around £250 - £280 for the past few months, and I managed to nab myself a deal :D

omg... I might see if I can book the rest of the day off... lol.

2. hi,
    yeah! be happy, that's a nice deal.
    This unit really needs some time until you have figured out what you like and what you hate, i.m.o.
    i like the modulation effects very much, also the delay, tuner and volume pedal are nice.
    Amp + cab simulation is nice, as long as it doesn't go kaput (as it went in my case)
    Synth, Distortion and most of all WAH are the things that I hate on this unit, so they will be replaced by single pedals, but with the rest I'm happy.
    have a good time
    greets

3. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Well, I had a little play last night and I got a little lost (I was also jamming at the time)... I think I need to sit down for a few days on my own and work it out, but so far I'm impressed with it!