Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just Got My Fender Am Dlx P-Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jun 17, 2005.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I won it on ebay. I didn't play around with it yet, I only tested it to see if it works. It's a 1999 but still had the original pickguard sticker on it, I took it off, and it left a sticky spot. So I've been busy getting rid of that sticker residue for a while. I will post pics within the next hour or two. Be patient! It's translucent green btw.

2. Jazzin'

Here are pics. It may look blue or teal, but it is VERY VERY green.

Attached Files:

3. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    COngrats man. THe AM Deluxes are sweet. I have a 2004 J 5 string and love it.

That teal is nice looking. I owned a 2002 Am Deluxe Jass V in teal with a maple fretboard....looked great but had some production line issues.

-Bazz-

4. Jazzin'

It's not teal, the stupid camera made it teal. It's really green, a plant-like green.

5. Nice one. :cool:

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    no,look turquesa or turquose or wathever is right in english lol

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I love teal colored basses.

Good score!

8. Nice Teal bass, j/k. I have an Am Deluxe P and I love it.

9. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    I like it except for the teal, too bad its not Green :p jk looks like a nice bass hows it sound and play?

10. Beautiful! I thought you were a Jazz guy? ;) When I was looking at American Deluxes a few years ago I was really interested in a "teal green transparent" Jazz but ended up finding a sunburst one. I'm not complaining, the Deluxes are Fenders best production bass, in my opinion and experience.

11. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Nice score, great bass! I have a 2000 AmDlx P (teal) that kicks ass. I also have a 2002 AmDlx Jazz that kicks ass. So there's a lot of ass-kickin' going on! Rock on brutha! You will love that bass! :D
    p.s. Two words: Goo-Gone!

12. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Sweet bass! I almost got one of those same color w/maple neck :cool:

13. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    I own an Am delx P as well! :D

awesome man! have fun!

14. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    That bass plays really really well. I tried it at GC and man that thing is punchy as hell.

15. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    mind if i come by and give it a whirl someday? ;)

nice axe :bassist:

16. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Congrats on the bass, I love my p bass deluxe, awesome playability and flexibility. To me the Fender P bass optimizes the rock sound.

Attached Files:

17. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That's awesome! I've never scene that bass before.

18. what does the humbucker sound like on this bass.
    how is it different from a p PU and/or a musicman style humbucker

-todd

19. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hey Toddtodd, i'm pretty sure it's 2 J pickups really close to eachother.

20. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    The humbucker gives the P bass more flexibility in dialing in the eq. This bass has active electronics (bass, mids, treble) that are very usable. I don't think these tone controls would work well if not for the humbucker. Believe it or not I can dial in a decent slap tone, or a really jazzy midrange tone. The humbucker on this bass is is not as radical as the one one the musicman. There is really no way to compare them. I think the adition of the humbucker to the p bass makes it sound a little more modern. The split pickups that are in this bass are designed around the vintage P bass pups and the Humbucker ( though different in apperance) is basically a Roscoe Beck( I was told this by a Fender rep).