Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my first bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I recieved my Peavey Millennium BXP 4 string a couple of days ago, and I like it alot. I got the sunburst color. After waiting for a long time for the bass to be shipped (it was on backorder for more than a month), I finally have it. It sounds great, even through the crappy Rogue amp I am borrowing for the time being.

My one question is how the hell do I raise the action? The E string buzzez like crazy. Some of this is my completely undeveloped technique, I'm sure, but it really has alot of fretbuzz. I tried to fiddle with the screw on the bottom of the bridge, but nothing happened. Any help?

Thanks!

2. robe

robe

Oct 19, 2003
    Australia-Brisbane
    that sounds pretty cool.
    If you want to raise the action, on the top of the bridge, either side of the string there is a small hole. Yu use an allan key to change it around, remember to do it on both sides of the string!

Cheers

3. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Congrats on the new bass! For your fret buzzing, slide on over to the Setup forum and do a search. You might want to do a complete setup on the bass.