Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just got my first Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassyamaha5, May 16, 2003.

1. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    I've been playing for 2 1/2 yrs, on Washburns, just bought a Fender Standard Jazz, this thing is sweet, I wish I had bought one sooner, been through 5 basses to find one I like, I'll never part with this one, well, just wanted to brag a little

2. Good choice! Fender Jazzes are very nice basses, you won't be dissapointed :cool:

Any pics? The rule on TB is new bass = lots of pics :D

3. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    no pics yet, just brought it home 15 mins ago, don't have my own digi. cam, will have to wait till I go to the studio tonight to take some, will post as soon as possible though, it's sunburst, black and natural with white pick guard, can't wait to plug it into the big rig

4. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    get a tort shell pickguard and some new pups and you're ready to go

5. bassman4hire

bassman4hire

Jun 14, 2002
    canada
    I have a Fender Squier jazzbass as well and love it, even though it is a cheapy. I have had several bassist play it and say it is a nice bass. It is 3 colour suburst with white pickguard. I had it setup and intonnated last year and has stayed pretty true. So a Fender standard jazz I would imagine, would play and sound the same. I hope you have as much enjoyment as I have with mine.

6. BONZOBASS

BONZOBASS

May 7, 2003
    not that it matters(maybe just a little )LOL !what model is it ? MEX,JAPAN,KOREA or w/ever.like i always say"IF ITS A FENDER HOW BAD COULD IT BE?"
    enjoy and welcome to an elite club:bassist:

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Cheapy or not, I've noticed that these basses are coming in pretty darn playable! I've setup a few for friends and one for my church, and I'd play any of 'em on a gig without hesitation! Squier is not a four-letter word!! :)

Nice score on your standard bassyamaha5... and yeah, the rule is pics!! :D

-robert