Just got my Fulltone Bassdrive! settings?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Feb 15, 2002.

1. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I just got my Fulltone bassdrive today and I must say that I am very impressed. It has a very organic/natural sound and the true bypass is really nice. It blows my old Boss ODB3 out of the water. Right now I am trying to find the best settings for it. I typically play fingerstyle mostly with my G&L L2000 both pups on in series mode (hot signal) and I wanted to know peoples settings for a nice slight overdrive that still maintains its punch combined with a nice boost setting for all out distortion.
    It seems like with the volume compressor on (knob down) you can get more overdriven crunch but you lose a little punch and with the volume compressor off you get more punch and more volume but less crunch and more of a fattening effect (probably similar to the fat boost).
    what are your settings?

oh yeah, it also sounds really cool when followed by my 105Q wah.

2. Here's two settings I use the most with the FBD.

#1. Volume 2:00, Tone 12:00, Overdrive on just a touch at 8:00, and Boost between 9:00 & 10:00.

#2. Volume 10:00 with Compression off, OD 9:00.
    Boost 9:00.

Fulltone Knob Stabilizer Tip:
    If you own this pedal you know how easy it is to bump one of the knobs with a guitar cord, tip of your foot, or on the way to a gig. Trying bumping the volume up LOUD, pegging the board and the mains.
    Here's a quick fix.....
    Remove all of the knobs.
    Get some flexible tubing that will slip over the posts coming out of the pedal.
    Cut them about 1/4" long and slip over each post (if you want to cut the compression, cut that one longer).
    Turn the pots all the way to the left ot right and put the knobs back on while pushing down against the tubing and tighten.
    The tubing dampens the knob and it will not turn unless you want it to.

It works great.
  3. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I set mine up in Comp Cut mode, with a slight volume boost, tone at somewhere between 11 and 1, and overdrive turned up a good amount, prolly around 3. The Boost knob I turn up only slightly, maybe 9 o'clock or so... this way, turning on the first stage of the pedal (Boost 'off') yields a slightly grindy tone while preserving the bottom, and kicking in the Boost takes it somewhat more into Fuzz territory.

I prefer Comp Cut to the other 2 modes, I find them a little too mid-centric and compressed for my tastes.