1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just got my Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Skel, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I got this head off of, as some call, "evilBay". I've had some horrors on eBay for sure, but this was not one of them. This 1001RB-II arrived today in the original box, plastic, etc. The head does not have a spec of dust on it. Paid $550.00.

The sound? Oh my God! This thing ROCKS! I love everything about this head. It's simple, small, has all the right features. I just set every knob on 12 O'clock, plugged it into my Avatar Delta 2X10, and proceded to experience Heaven as I plugged my Ric 4003 into it and started playing. Talk about getting the most out of a 2X10 cabinet! This thing growls like an Ampeg, the clarity is exceptional everywhere on the neck, and so punchy. The "Contour" knob is killer. I haven't tried adding my Avatar 1X15 Delta yet - it doesn't even need it. Now I can see why the Delta 2X10 got such rave reviews - with the right head, this thing kicks butt.

I could not be happier - thanks for the advice, Vic!

Skel