1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

JUST GOT MY M-80 AND SB-7!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassman1185, Jun 13, 2002.

1. WOO HOO!!! I just got 'em this afternon, so I haven't really gotten a good feel for either of them yet. Here are some first impressions:

MXR M-80: Sweet, sweet tone. Really good sounding. I really like the preamp controls, especially the mid. The distortion seems to kinda suck some of the low end out, though, but like I said, I don't really have much experience with it. Well built and really easy to use.

Ibanez SB-7: kinda weird, but I'm liking it. it took me a while to get a good sound out of it. The sensitivity knob is REALLY fickle. It's kinda hard to figure it out.

I'll put out a better review later, once I get a little more tweak time in on them.

2. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    How are you usin the M-80? As a DI or preamp? Just wonderin.

3. As a preamp and for distortion. The tone on it is awsome.:D I'm so happy!

4. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    How do you have it hooked up? To the power amp in on your head? Or do you have a seperate pre and power amp?

5. I wish. My setup is Warwick streamer to SB-7 to M-80 to Ampeg BA-115 combo. Someday I'll have a real stack.