Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JUST GOT MY M-80 AND SB-7!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassman1185, Jun 13, 2002.

1. WOO HOO!!! I just got 'em this afternon, so I haven't really gotten a good feel for either of them yet. Here are some first impressions:

MXR M-80: Sweet, sweet tone. Really good sounding. I really like the preamp controls, especially the mid. The distortion seems to kinda suck some of the low end out, though, but like I said, I don't really have much experience with it. Well built and really easy to use.

Ibanez SB-7: kinda weird, but I'm liking it. it took me a while to get a good sound out of it. The sensitivity knob is REALLY fickle. It's kinda hard to figure it out.

I'll put out a better review later, once I get a little more tweak time in on them.

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    How are you usin the M-80? As a DI or preamp? Just wonderin.

3. As a preamp and for distortion. The tone on it is awsome.:D I'm so happy!

4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    How do you have it hooked up? To the power amp in on your head? Or do you have a seperate pre and power amp?

5. I wish. My setup is Warwick streamer to SB-7 to M-80 to Ampeg BA-115 combo. Someday I'll have a real stack.