Just Got my new baby

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pesci1313, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Just broke down and picked up a EDEN WT-500 from the local store, they had one used with pretty much nothing wrong with it(one button that i wouldn't use anyway is broken) for a good price and i broke down.

I'm running it through an ampeg 4x8 cab right now, and hoping to add a 15 inch sometime, any suggestions on what cab i should add?(as i said i'm thinking a 15 inch)

Anyway I am incredibly happy and had to tell everyone.
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    I assume thats the Ampeg SVT Classic 4x8 (I hate you! I want one.) I would add the SVT Classic 1x15 it should match up well.
  3. yes, you are right in what cabinet it is, i love it, too bad they don't make them anymore, which is why i jumped on this one used(but in basically new condition)

i'm mainly either thinking a 15 inch ampeg classic, or perhaps an eden 15, whatever i can find in good condition used probably, but i'm open to other considerations if anyone has a different opinion
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    sounds sweet... congrats man :) I hope it brings you lots of noise
  5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

I owned a wt 500 I used it bridged into a 8 ohm 212xlt that was cool for me.the thing you should be aware of is that your amp makes 500 watts bridge into 8 ohms (not lower) or 250 into 4 ohms per side. so a pair of 8 ohm cabs is not a great match. your choises are to run them on each side and get like 175 into each or run them on one side and spit 250 between them. I would recomend getting a nice 8 ohm cab that will do all your volume needs. If you play loud get a used 410 xlt.

hope this helps