Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just Got my new baby

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pesci1313, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Just broke down and picked up a EDEN WT-500 from the local store, they had one used with pretty much nothing wrong with it(one button that i wouldn't use anyway is broken) for a good price and i broke down.

I'm running it through an ampeg 4x8 cab right now, and hoping to add a 15 inch sometime, any suggestions on what cab i should add?(as i said i'm thinking a 15 inch)

Anyway I am incredibly happy and had to tell everyone.

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I assume thats the Ampeg SVT Classic 4x8 (I hate you! I want one.) I would add the SVT Classic 1x15 it should match up well.

3. yes, you are right in what cabinet it is, i love it, too bad they don't make them anymore, which is why i jumped on this one used(but in basically new condition)

i'm mainly either thinking a 15 inch ampeg classic, or perhaps an eden 15, whatever i can find in good condition used probably, but i'm open to other considerations if anyone has a different opinion

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    sounds sweet... congrats man :) I hope it brings you lots of noise

5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hi

I owned a wt 500 I used it bridged into a 8 ohm 212xlt that was cool for me.the thing you should be aware of is that your amp makes 500 watts bridge into 8 ohms (not lower) or 250 into 4 ohms per side. so a pair of 8 ohm cabs is not a great match. your choises are to run them on each side and get like 175 into each or run them on one side and spit 250 between them. I would recomend getting a nice 8 ohm cab that will do all your volume needs. If you play loud get a used 410 xlt.

hope this helps

AJ