Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my new custom V!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by charles21o7, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Earlier in the year I ordered a custom Flying V guitar from Gibson, well my order just came in today and its a bad ass guitar, not only does it look awesome , it sounds great. Though bass is my main love, I still enjoy the guitar. But dont worry fellow bassers, i ordered a custom EB3 from gibson also thats getting Lipstick pickups, and a psychedelic paint job, should be in by december!

Here is my new baby!! This isnt a pic i took, i dont have a dig camera or a scanner, this is the one that the shop took against a white surface, but it is the same as mine, they sent it to me via email.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Too bad it's not a bass.

3. Whoa, you got them to make you an EB-3? That's a REAL custom job. Rockin!

4. Yeah, but the EB3 was expensive- a good 4 grand, the v was only 2,500. But hell, i had money to blow, my granpa , who was a jazz man and amazing bassist died last year and left me a **** load of money- in his will he told me not to waste it on practical stuff and to only use it on music equipment! Cool guy he was.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Killer. How much that set you back?

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

As a die-hard guitar fan, that "V" is really nice lookin'.

A band I used to play drums in, the guitar player (RH) had a black "V". The bass player (LH) had a black "V" bass.

7. Im not sure on the exact amount of my gramps money i have left, but its about enough that if i wanted to buy , say a uh.....a new Lexus and then turn around and buy one of those mazda 3 s if i wanted too.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I didn't mean to get personal and ask what your G-pa left you, I meant the price of guitar. Sorry if that offended you.

Anywhoo, that is awesome he said you could only spend the inheritence on musical gear. :D

I would definitely oblige his wish though, Bad Juju not respecting the wishes of the passed. :D

9. nah i wasnt offended, the guitar was 2k all together.

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Wanna buy me a new bass...?

He didn't say you HAD to spend it all on yourself, right....?

:D