Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my newly defretted Spector 2000Q5 back from my tech...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RevGroove, Mar 19, 2004.

1. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    ...and I'm loving it! I have two Spector Professional series basses. Over the summer, I modded the neck through with active pickups, and was dithering about whether to keep the bolt-on or sell it, as I was hardly playing it at all anymore, the neck through just sounded that good! Then an associate of mine who had the same quandary had George F. (of F bass fame) defret a MIM Fender Jazz...and the idea caught on! So I had the guitar tech at the store where I work defrett mine...a month later, I have it in my hot little hands.

To review the specs: Spector 2000Q5, now strung with D'Addario Chromes, EMG-40HZ passive pickups, EMG BT active preamp at 18v.

Early playing indicates that I made a good decision. The "mwhah" is definitely in the house! Couple of weeks before I can play with it in a group setting, but on my own, it sounds killer!!!

:hyper: :bassist: :D

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    sounds whicked man, i was thinking of doing that with mine but decided it slapped to nicely.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice man. pics?

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist

Soon as I get this steenking web cam working...

:D

5. Yay...congrats

6. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Cool! I saw a fretless Spector not long ago on bassNW that I thought would be a great mate for my fretted 2000/Q4 but didnt have the cash :(