Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my RBI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hero of the Day, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    All i can say is WoW and thanks to this forum. I hooked it up with my power amp as a full pre. I messed around with the settings and i already found many that i love. I can go from thick finger style tone to hi-fi toolish tone. :hyper: I cant wait to play with it at band practice. Well im off to play, thanks again fellow bassists . :bassist:

2. Good score! If I dont like the Traynor YBA200 I'm gonna get either that or and Ampeg pre and a poweramp.

3. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    Yea i was going to get the ampeg svp pro but i wanted some thing i could record with and it was alittle too noisy

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You made the right choice. I love the SVP-Pro for gigging, and the hiss from mine is less than I expected, but I would not trust it for recording. OTOH I'm amazed at how quiet my RBI is, even when I crank it way up.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I don't miss the weight and hassle of my old pre-and-poweramp rig, but I do miss the RBI!

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What kind of bass are you using?

When I use a passive bass I like to set mine with the drive and blend almost all the way up and the mid and bass turned to about 1:00 and the treble around 11:30 and the presence around 10:00.

I get a great overdriven grindy sound like that. Keep in mind though that I also run it into my Eden after that so the tone is a little different.

Ive thought about selling it so I have some more cash on hand but I can never bring myself to do it. Its too cool.