Just got my RBI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hero of the Day, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    All i can say is WoW and thanks to this forum. I hooked it up with my power amp as a full pre. I messed around with the settings and i already found many that i love. I can go from thick finger style tone to hi-fi toolish tone. :hyper: I cant wait to play with it at band practice. Well im off to play, thanks again fellow bassists . :bassist:
  2. Good score! If I dont like the Traynor YBA200 I'm gonna get either that or and Ampeg pre and a poweramp.
  3. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    Yea i was going to get the ampeg svp pro but i wanted some thing i could record with and it was alittle too noisy
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You made the right choice. I love the SVP-Pro for gigging, and the hiss from mine is less than I expected, but I would not trust it for recording. OTOH I'm amazed at how quiet my RBI is, even when I crank it way up.
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I don't miss the weight and hassle of my old pre-and-poweramp rig, but I do miss the RBI!
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What kind of bass are you using?

When I use a passive bass I like to set mine with the drive and blend almost all the way up and the mid and bass turned to about 1:00 and the treble around 11:30 and the presence around 10:00.

I get a great overdriven grindy sound like that. Keep in mind though that I also run it into my Eden after that so the tone is a little different.

Ive thought about selling it so I have some more cash on hand but I can never bring myself to do it. Its too cool.