Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my Reverend 5L!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Feb 23, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Damn this thing is sweet!!!!!!! I love the feel of the neck, the size of the body, the sound, the contols, sh*t I love it all:hyper: Right now it is strung with flats. What kinda strings do most of ya'll Reverend players use???

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Any pics?

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Bah. I still need a Rumblefish 4.

4. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah..............:bassist:

5. Nice. I'd love to play a Reverend. They look so damn cool.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks good :)

7. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    This Reverend was an itch I had to scratch:smug: Now, if I can just get the other one............Lakland 55 model. I gotta fretless 5 string Warwick to trade if ya got one:)

8. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I hear you on that one. If an aluminum-skinned 5L or any non-burgundy Houser were to pop up somewhere I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to resist it.

9. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    They've got a lava-swirl aluminum at www.reverenddirect.com under the in-stock specials. They are part of the last of the last made out of old parts that were left over. After these are gone Reverends will be very, very hard to find.

10. Nice score! You're going to have a lot of fun with that bass.
    I've found over the years that Ernie Ball strings work very nicely on Reverends.

11. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    That's a nice lookin Bass. I've got LaBella tapewounds on my BH5. Had em on for 2 years and they still sound great. Just taylor you're string choice to the style you play. Enjoy your new Reverend.
    Happy Times,
    Rezdog

12. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Congrats on a most excellent score! :D

13. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Congrats on the Reverend! I have been using Rotosounds on my Reverend Rumblefish - they are a little bright at first, but I just eq it out of the mix until they're broken in.