1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just got my Roland AP-2!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Grind It Out, Apr 11, 2005.

1. I've been waiting for one of these for so long!

I got mine for $199 from tradingmusician.com, they threw in the 2 9v batteries it requires too, how nifty. :)

The pedal arrived in PRISTINE condition...much better than anything ive seen on ebay...of course i plugged into it immediately

After realizing i had a loose patch cable causing some severe fuzz/noise, i switched the cable, checked the input and output jacks, and then i was relieved to find that this was the darkest, yet smoothest phaser i've ever tried - kinda like good espresso...beats the pants off of EHX and MXR...The rate and resonance knobs have a WIDE range, and at high settings, it doesnt distort @ all like the MXRs...the thing pumps out some serious funk after only a minute or 2 of tweaking, and nice rich modern ballad tone..minute tweaking can open up lots of new sounds on this pedal..its a pretty sturdy box too, im not afraid to literally stomp on it...definitely not a tone sucker either...my bass sounds totally normal when the pedal is bypassed

the only downfalls: no LED indicator (but mine is being controlled by a loooper, so that doesnt matter for me...and even at subtle settings u should deffo be able to tell if its on), and no adaptor jack, u gotta use 2 9v batteries or 2 9v battery adaptor cables, so its eating up space on my power supply

Last i checked, tradingmusician still had another one in stock, so if ur looking for the best phaser ever...u kno where to go