Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my SansAmp BDDI...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Sep 10, 2004.

1. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    ...and I´ve to tell you: It has transformed my tone-monster ATK-305 in a 100watt-guitar-amp predator. I´m still playing around with the knobs, finding "my sound", though the "suggested settings are really cool.

By the way, I play in a rock/metal band, kindda Faith No More. :bassist: Seting suggestions welcomed!!!!!

Edit: Do you run your SABDDI like a Stomp box or thru the "effects return" on your amp?

Cheers.

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

There are pluses and minuses for both stompbox and FX loop usage. I've always run my SABDDI as a stomp box. Even if I don't have it switched in, it makes a great cable extension so I can move farther from my rig. The disadvantage is that it's exposed to the singer's clown feet.

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Jajajajajaja.......I wonder why singers have to be so clumsy (sp?) on stage????? jajaja

Which are the pros and cons that you have found about using the SABDDI as a stompbox or as a pre-amp?

4. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i used the Sansamp BDDI as a di only, ,i pre-set the settings for an ampeg svt4 that ran to the house PA, :bassist: ,i have the Sansamp RBI now, i use that as my pre-amp and di.best money i ever spent,...good-luck!! :)