Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just got my ticket :D

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Si-bob, Oct 8, 2002.

1. just brought my ticket for Michael and Steve at the Bass centre clinic, am really looking forward to it.
    At the same time i handed in my CV :), its a long shot, but i thought i might as well.

Loving uni at the mo, loadsa good musicians (and females) to keep me busy ;)

*Si*

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

If you are at University, then how are you going to work for the Bass Centre? :confused: Or is this not why you are giving them your CV?

3. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    See you at Bass Centre, Si!

4. my timetable at uni gives me the entire of mondays, wednesdays and saturdays off, so it would be a part time venture. like i said its a long shot, probly won't happen. Just applied for a job in the sheet music departement of the local music shop, mmmmmmmm, discounts :)

so yeah, see everyone at the bass centre in nov

*Si*

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Cool - I look forward to meeting you. What do you look like - unless you've got that red panther's head logo from your avatar emblazoned all over your clothing how will I know who I'm looking for?

I'm pretty easy to identify myself - incriminating evidence is to be found at the website in my signature....

BTW, what time is the event due to start and finish? Did anyone have further ideas about getting together for a curry before or afterwards?

Wulf

6. hey wulf, i have a reel big fish hoody with the thundercats logo on :)
    but i probly won't where that, to hot in there.
    i think it starts bout 8pm, dunno wen until.
    i'm pretty average, easily blend in :) short hair, average build, average height etc
    i'll find you :)

*Si*

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I've just booked my ticket with the basscentre via the telephone.

6ft number 2 clippers haircut never smiles and loves curry

8. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    ..just in case, I'll be the one dressed like a Fraggle auditioning for Blake's 7, with a 6 string fretless in my hands talking (hopefully vaguely entertaining) nonsense next to a profound american bloke... :D

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

9. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I got my ticket yesterday. Trouble is I'm Chris Saxton now.

10. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I am a definite "maybe" for the Bass Centre clinic. Me and my brother will definitely be going to Steve and Michael's clinic at the Music Live show at the Birmingham NEC though.

11. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi David,

it'll be good to meet you at last - do come and say hi.

...I'd have thought that the Reading gig was nearer for you in Brum than the London dates, no?

Bring friends! :)

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

12. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    I've just got my ticket for the London clinic... and I got a ticket for the Steve Lawson & Michael Manring thing at the bas centre too. BOOM BOOM! :D

Looking forward to meeting y'all... I look strangely like the guy in the picture in my avatar by the way.

Steve - I gave a bunch of flyers to bassists at my local rehearsal rooms, so that should being in a good few people.
    I've got one non-bassist mate coming so far and have a few more at the 'almost there' level...

13. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Howard,

you're a complete star - free 15 minutes extra on the end of your next lesson, my friend! :D (as if two hours of me going on about bass wasn't long enough!)

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

14. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    That's more promotion than I've ever done for any of my bands gigs!
    It's easy to get friends out in Reading, but getting people up to London on a work night is nigh on impossible.

I'm really looking forward to it actually. Gonna book sofa space from a mate so I can come for this curry.

15. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    If it's that easy, I fully expect South Street to be full of your chums on said evening... :D

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

16. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Naah, can't fkn bring all me mates mate. If I brings all me mates they'd fill da fkn Madjeski innit. I got loadsa fkn mates innit, salta de fkn earf innit...

Whoa, just came over all Reading-ite for a second...

I expect I can bring down a good ten, if they dont all spend their money of on beer, pot, fast women, jamaican patties or rent before hand?
    I'm sure the place will be full anyway, people tend to come out of the woodwork for one-off gigs like this and Delicatessen seems to have a pretty big following anyway.

17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like this is fast becoming the TalkBass London "Get - Together" !! :D

18. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    It's the poiyfect oppachunniddy for a moider! :eek:

19. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LOL, who ya gonna kill? I vote Lindfield :D j/k

20. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    That was my NYC cop impression... kinda loses something in the wrtten form...

Who we gonna kill?

Hmm, how about a ritual burning of a few guitars followed by a march down to Denmark street complete with flaming torches to rampage a few guitar shops... angy mob style.