Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just got my trace ah600...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Aug 27, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ok..manual for this thing? any one else own one? what do you think..this is my second trace head...so im happy my first own blew..

ok..am i able to run a y cable to bridge the amp???? its a stero head...and it can handle 4 ohms a side..just try to see if i run both amp in my one 410 for practice...

and would i be better of running an 8 ohm cab a side...or both cabs in one channel?

its 300watts at 4 ohms

thanks
    steve

2. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Stereo head?? Are you sure?

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Congrats on your Trace head! Hmmm, don't remember the AH600 being a stereo head but hey - you've got the head in front of you!

You can probably get a close enough manual from the old 2002 trace elliot website....it'll give you an idea about it

www.traceelliot.com

Then select the 2002 website button. The AH500 must be quite similar!

4. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    If it's not stereo head then you can connect only two 8-ohm cabs

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    Well either its a stereo head or 2ohm cabable

hhmmm
    thanks
    steve

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    bump

steve

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    damn steve, you get new stuff all the time!

hmm... kinda like me...

:bassist: !

8. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    I used to have a few RAH600SMX heads and I don't believe the amps can be "bridged". I wouldn't recommend running anything less than a 4-ohm load in each channel.

That always bugged be about the big Trace (stereo) heads - that you couldn't bridge them!

Volume-wize - try it both ways, but I would guess you'll get the same "loudness" running 2 cabs into 4 ohms (one channel) or each cab into an 8 ohm load (one in each channel).

Loud as hell, for the wattage!

I've had very good luck with Trace heads.

9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    bass-only..please read my other thread on this head..

because it is not loud at all and farts out

thanks
    steve

10. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Steve

That's surprising to me! Maybe I've just been lucky. I've had probably 5-6 Trace heads in the last 10 years and they've all performed flawlessly.

I only sold them to try something new and ended up regretting letting them go, especially the RAH600SMX.

I currently have 2 AH400SMX heads and use them with either a pair of EX 208's or two Bag End (115) cabs.

Sorry to hear about the trouble!