Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got off the phone with Larry Morgan Music......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    ....and I'm now the proud owner of a Roscoe SKB 3006!! :D

I put the deposit down today, and I'm going Friday to do the final check and pick it up.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics to follow soon :D

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    w00t!!! :D

Congrats!!!!

3. Congrats.

Larry Morgan Music is where I've started doing all my business. They are very helpful and they have a great selection. I just bought a Ampeg B-100R from them.

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Yeah great service so far, and a good deal.

The first two times I've spoken with Larry himself (which I hear is very rare). The second time I dealt with Marcus and he was cool as well.

I'm as giddy as a....well I don't know. But I'm giddy! :D

5. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Way cool for you! My SKB 3006 has action second to none, it REALLY helps these stubby fingers fly around the fretboard. :bassist:

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    brat!!! :spit:

just joking! :p

congrats on the new hardware!

:)

7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Ouchies! :bawl:

It's all MY money my friend. Believe it or not, some of us rebel teenage college kids actually do productive things :p :D

8. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Congrats on the bass fellow Roscoe owner :)

9. gavintheguy

gavintheguy Guest

Feb 5, 2004
    congrats

i love larry morgan music, not enough money to buy those great basses, but at least i get to play them. :D

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Where are you from, my friend?

11. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Well, I thought I'd be slick and see if any pix were on the Larry Morgan website, but no dice... guess we'll have to wait for you to post 'em... congrats, dood!

:)

12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Yeah--in the words of a fellow at Larry Morgan's (can't remember his name)---"our website is jacked up!"

I almost didn't even bother going to LMM because I looked at their website. They had nothing I was interested in (not to mention nothing that I could afford). When I called, I asked if they had any 6 strings in stock and he mentioned the Roscoe. Then when I walked in and saw the selection that they had, I was floored. I coulda stayed in that place for DAYS :D

13. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    This pretty much sums me up as well. They gave me an insane deal on my SWR Redhead, but otherwise I couldn't afford much of any of the cool stuff they had. *heavy sigh*

14. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I got an awesome deal on the bass. I'm still in shock over it actually :D

15. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA

First Fodera I ever touched was at Larry Morgan Music.

ooooo..... It was purty. Marcus seems to be nice fellow to deal with.

The place seems kinda funny, out of the way in a little plaza, but with a fair amount of high-end gear. From the parking lot it looks like a run-down pawn shop.

A quick scan on the wall where the Foderas were hanging revealed about $20,000 in high end basses, at least.

16. Hey Ty,

If it's the Roscoe 6 that I know Larry had, that is a SWEEEET instrument! Does it have the Cedar body, cobalt blue on figured maple and a sapwood fingerboard? If that's it, you got a NICE bass!!

If we're talking about the same axe, that was actually at Speir Music for quite a while. I don't know why it never sold.

Tell the guys at Larry Morgan you want NEW STRINGS! I think it has factory originals, so that would make them about 3 or 4 years old!

Congrats!!!

17. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Nope. This one is the Ash bodied, emerald green with the spalted purpleheart f/b.

I did get new strings. Never bought a 6 string set before, but I've heard good things about DR Lo-Riders, so I figured I'd give 'em a shot. After I told him to put the DR's on there, I wondered why I didn't go with Fodera or somethin' like that :p

I'd like to think I have a nice bass whether it's the same on or not :D

2 days folks, 2 days! I can hardly stand it!!!!

18. Wow, I didn't ever see that one! Are they Roscoe dealers? If so, that's news to me. Were there other Roscoes there? Their Alembics are really nice, but really! $8,000 for a bass??!!

19. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Congratulations, sounds like a great bass.

Does anyone know when they are moving into the old Speir building?